Monday, August 11, 2008

Team USA... 400 M Free Relay


As most of you know, our family is full of water babies (Manolito began swimming competitively when he was 6), and hopefully soon his girls will follow in his footsteps. I swam too, but I usually finished last. I was more focused on looking good than speed, winning is overrated. As long as i got a participation ribbon I was happy. So, any talent they may receive will probably come from their father.

Since we love the water, it is no surprise that we have been watching the swimmers go after the gold... Isn't the arena where they are swimming amazing? The men prevailed last night, and beat the French in the 400 free relay... I love finshes like that. Does any one else tear up when they take the winner's platform? I am such a sap!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love the blog.... you don't have to give me such air time!!
    didn't know you were swimmers... Rusty and I are too... we swim like rocks!!
    Your comment about Joshua liking heights so that he can get up in a deer stand was Rusty's favorite comment the whole trip!!
    Sure do love you guys

    ReplyDelete